Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Registering my dbi treeview control

This post is mainly a reminder to myself about registering the dbi treeview control that I use in some of my forms. What is happening is I have my development environment going good, then I create an installation file which registered the dbi treeview activex control during intallation. I run the install program; test the installed program. All is good so far. Then I go back to my development environment and I don't have access to the treeview control. Bummer.

To fix this I re-register the dbi treeview control as follows:

regsvr32 "C:\DBITech\CTOCX4\Components\cttree.ocx"

Then all is good.

I'm sure there is a better fix, like making sure the dbi activex controls are installed somewhere else so that a similar path could be found on installation. Or, maybe I need to change my installation routine of my custom application to check first before registering the treeview control before registered the supplied ocx file.

No comments:

Post a Comment